Come join us in Glasgow, Scotland…
Summer Semester – First Short Session
June 13, 2014 through July 6, 2014
This program is open to ANY University System of Georgia student in ANY major who has completed 30 semester hours!
Application Deadline Extended
- March 25, 2014, 5:00 pm, Orientation Meeting
- April 15, 2014, Final payment for program fee (~$1000)
May 1, 2014, 7:00 pm, Final Orientation Meeting (Mandatory mtg.)
- Two courses; 6 credit hours
- Living on the campus of the University of Glasgow
- Visits to local schools in the Glasgow area
- Experience Scottish culture, food, and music
- Full-day field trips to Edinburgh, Stirling, Culzean Castle, and other historic sites
- Overnight trip to Fort William to ride the Harry Potter Steam Train to Mallaig
It is our goal that you will leave this experience with a broader view of the world beyond your current understanding of an education system while experiencing a different culture. We will challenge you to think about your own education thus far compared to what you experience while visiting and interacting with students and teachers in Scottish schools.
You will be exposed to Scottish culture, food, and history and learn firsthand from University of Glasgow and K-12 students about their educational experiences. The schedule for our program is very full with most mornings spent in local schools and afternoon class meetings on the campus of the University of Glasgow. We have field trips planned in Glasgow and a full day in Edinburgh, Scotland’s two largest and most important cities. We are confident you will have a full “Scottish” experience while expanding your knowledge about education in an international context.