The Media Desk, located in 232 Aderhold Hall, offers an extensive selection of audio-video (A/V) and instructional equipment for checkout.
This service and the equipment for checkout are reserved exclusively for College of Education students, faculty and staff. Those members of the COE community wishing to utilize this service will be required to show a University of Georgia picture ID. This equipment is made available to the COE community in large part through the Student Technology Fee dollars the College of Education receives from its students.
Many of the items we have on hand can be reserved, and most can be checked out for a five-day period (exceptions may apply). There is no fee for use of this equipment, however we have instituted a late fee of $5.00 per day, per item to promote the timely return of equipment as a courtesy to others.
Feel free to drop by anytime for a quick tour of the equipment we have available for checkout.
Checkout items include:
- Computer Equipment
- Dell laptops with MS Office
- Mac laptops with MS Office
- CD-RW Drive
- DVD Writer
- USB floppy disk drives
- Fire wire hard drives (80GB capacity)
- Video and Photographic Equipment
- Digital video camcorders (FlashRAM, Mini DV and Digital8)
- Digital still cameras (memory sticks)
- Mobile Video Production Kit
- Lighting Kit
- Audio Equipment
- Tape recorders
- Audio CD players (non-boom box style)
- Digital recorder
- Transcribers (USB Foot Pedals)
- Presentation Equipment
- LCD projectors
- Presentation Controller (clicker)
- Laser Pointer
- Interactive Student Response System
- SmartBoard (requires laptop; not included)
- Document Camera
- Portable Screen
- Two way radio
- Conference phone