- Doctoral Program
- Endorsement Programs
- Masters Programs
- Specialist Program
- Undergraduate Programs
MAT in TESOL and World Language Education, with specialization in World Language Education- Spanish, French, German, Latin, and Less Commonly Taught Languages (LCTL)
All master’s degree applicants must demonstrate proficiency in two languages.
- Proficiency in the teaching language (e.g., Spanish, Latin, Chinese) is to be demonstrated through a bachelor’s degree at an institution where the target language was the medium of instruction, or receiving a minimum of an intermediate-high level on the OPI and WPT for less commonly taught languages (i.e., Chinese, Arabic, Russian) or an advanced low on both exams for all other languages (i.e., French, German, Spanish). All candidates for certification must also receive a passing score on the GACE examination before prior to their student-teaching semester.
- Proficiency in a language other than the target language (typically English), to be demonstrated through at least three semesters of university study or equivalent.
- 3.0 undergraduate grade point average (GPA)
- 900 GRE (verbal and quantitative)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for international applicants without prior degrees from a U.S. institution (213 minimum on computer-based TOEFL, 80 on the iBTOEFL, minimum of 20 on speaking and writing, or 6.5 on the IELTS)