- Doctoral Program
- Endorsement Programs
- Masters Programs
- Specialist Program
- Undergraduate Programs
MAT in TESOL and World Language Education, with specialization in World Language Education- Spanish, French, German, Latin, and Less Commonly Taught Languages (LCTL)
All master’s degree applicants must demonstrate proficiency in two languages.
- Proficiency in the teaching language (e.g., Spanish, Latin, Chinese) is to be demonstrated through a bachelor’s degree at an institution where the target language was the medium of instruction, or receiving a minimum of an intermediate-high level on the OPI. All candidates for certification must also receive a passing score on the GACE examination.
- Proficiency in a language other than the target language (typically English), to be demonstrated through at least three semesters of university study or equivalent.
- 3.0 undergraduate grade point average (GPA)
- 900 GRE (verbal and quantitative)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for international applicants without prior degrees from a U.S. institution (213 minimum on computer-based TOEFL, 80 on the iBTOEFL, minimum of 20 on speaking and writing, or 6.5 on the IELTS)