Classes will be offered beginning Summer 2012
The University of Georgia: Gwinnett Campus
Department of Kinesiology
Specialization in Sport Management and Policy
The Gwinnett Campus is located in the metro Atlanta area, a gateway to the global sport industry. Atlanta is the largest metropolitan area in the southeast and home to teams from major professional sports leagues.
- The program is a 36-hour non-thesis M.S. degree in Kinesiology with a specialization in Sport Management and Policy is designed for part-time study for working professionals in Metro Atlanta.
- It utilizes a multidisciplinary curriculum to promote a dynamic learning environment and incorporates real world issues.
- It has distinguished UGA faculty members that bring expert knowledge to the classroom and uses state of the art facilities to provide students with necessary tools to be successful in global sports industry.
- It also provides access to industry leaders for networking opportunities.
- Applicants with a baccalaureate degree are eligible to apply to the program. To be considered for admission, applicants must do the following: complete an application to the graduate school, submit transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended, submit GRE scores, provide three letters of recommendation to The Graduate School, and provide a resume and a statement of purpose to the Department of Kinesiology.
- GRE scores and undergraduate GPA will meet or exceed Graduate School minimum requirements. The statement of purpose should reflect applicants’ understanding of career opportunities in the field of sport management career, and applicants should express specific interest and how this program can assist them in achieving their desired career interests. Prior experience in the sport industry as it relates to the applicant’s career interests should be highlighted. References must attest to the applicant’s potential for academic success.
Requirements for the Non-thesis M.S. in Sport Management & Policy
Dr. James Zhang
Graduate Coordinator’s Assistant
The Graduate School www.grad.uga.edu
UGA Gwinnett Campus http://gwinnett.uga.edu/